The release notes are here.
The Infor press release is below.
"Infor M3 Configurable Output Management enables the use of extensible self-contained business documents in XML format combined with OpenText™ StreamServe StoryTeller, a marketing-leading document layout tool.
For existing customers, Infor M3 Configurable Output Management and the use of XML can help simplify the creation and maintenance of business documents.
For new Infor M3 customers, Infor M3 Configurable Output Management and XML can act as a project accelerator through reduction of the time required to define business documents. This phase one delivery enables you to switch invoice and credit note-related documents to the new XML format. The plan is to deliver more business document types for the Infor M3 13.4 platform.
Why adopt Infor M3 Configurable Output Management
- Switching to XML business documents within Infor M3 can help reduce the cost of ownership of your solution by reducing the need for source code modifications and simplifying the tailoring of business document layouts.
- You can keep all your business documents when there is an upgrade to Infor M3 13.4 and you can move them to the new Infor M3 Configurable Output Management XML format whenever it suits your business, i.e. no immediate migration requirement.
- Provides greater flexibility in the generation of XML business documents, including the ability to extend with custom elements and user defined fields without the need for any source code modifications.
- All applicable XML business documents are self-contained, include relevant language translations and use standard data formats.
- The Infor M3 base StreamServe bundle includes new added value components, such as the StoryTeller layout tool, and customers that have a valid support agreement for the product can upgrade to the new bundle free of license charges.
- Use the newest capabilities of StreamServe, such as StoryTeller, which is designed to help reduce the number of document layouts that your customers need to maintain. In the new solution, layouts can be maintained in a global project template.
Infor M3 customers need to be on Infor M3 13.4 or later to use the new Infor M3 Configurable Output Management capabilities."